Thursday, February 21, 2013

Young, Tame, and a Mommy

 
Daniel and me last summer
I am seventeen and the mother of a 19 month old boy.  My life is about my child and trying to make him the healthiest, happiest boy he can be. I'm saying this because people give a horrible rep to teen moms and there are definitely great moms out there. With that being said, teen moms are less likely to graduate high school, go to college, and most fathers leave. I have graduated high school and just started college.  I am in no way condoning teen pregnancy,  teens who get pregnant have higher health risks for themselves and the baby among other things, but I do want people to know that sex isn't a joke and neither is being a mother.  It only takes 1 time to get pregnant and there isn't any 100% birth control (except abstinence or not having a uterus).  When you become pregnant you have 9 months to prepare for a helpless little person depending solely on you.  Being a parent is an extremely challenging thing, especially when you're young and need to grow up yourself.  I have a lot of learning and growing to do still, but what I do know I want to share with other expecting moms or new moms.  

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea and post :D I hope you continue to encourage teen moms by posting your struggles, ideas, moments with Daniel and your relationship with God and how it effects motherhood :) I love this....many moms at your age need some guidance, many need to know that there are others like them <3
    KD <3
    ><>

    ReplyDelete

Please comment! They are very much appreciated :)